Here are some best practices to help ensure safe purchases on Afrosmartshop.
Overall, use your best judgment. If something seems shady or too good to be true, it’s best not to risk it.
Credit card safety
- Never give your full credit card number, tax identification number, or password in an email, Afrosmartshop Message, or over the phone.
- Check your credit card statement regularly to track your spending and card activity.
- Keep track of your credit card: who is authorized to use it, and who has access to it.
- Change your passwords on a regular basis. The more complex a password is, the better you’re protected.
- If you share your computer or device, sign out of any website accounts before letting others use it.
- Check a seller’s reviews and shop policies before purchase, and send an Afrosmartshop Message to a seller before buying if you have questions or concerns.
- If you see an unrecognized charge from Afrosmartshop on your bank or credit card statement, review these considerations. If you are still unable to confirm the charge, contact our specialists, and they will help you investigate it.
- Keep your transaction on Afrosmartshop. We can’t verify or assist with payments made outside of Afrosmartshop Payments or PayPal.
- If you receive a suspicious email claiming to be from Afrosmartshop, forward it to us at [email protected].
- If you supply materials for a custom order from a shop, you do so at your own risk.
- In some circumstances, Afrosmartshop may use a third-party encryption service, SendSafely, to securely request additional information to confirm a transaction, such as a copy of government-issued photo ID.